Thursday, November 14, 2013

Passion Project Update & Reflection

We are now halfway through our passion projects and I can honestly say I haven't gotten much done. I had lost track of how little time I have. My progress is small. I have read "Half of the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide" by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn and I have taken notes on what I want to include in my presentation. I also started my second book two  weeks ago called The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedman. It has taken me 6 passion days along with multiple 30 minute reading sessions before bed to finish Half the Sky. I started my second book on the 7th passion day but haven't gotten far in it.I've been too busy with school work to try to read but my laziness/ procrastination has paid its dues as well. I spent the last passion day finishing my Myers-Brigg blog post so I lost some time there too. With only 8 passion days left and I still need to finish The Feminine Mystique and my third book on women's history. My plan for the rest of the project is to read more at home. I will try to dedicate more of my free time to reading so I can finish both books. In addition, I will keep my reading at home now instead of during class time. During these next 8 passion days, starting tomorrow, I will begin the research part of my project like where feminism first began and how it's grown. Also, during these days I will construct a poll to give to the class and to others. Lastly, I will begin to start/build my prezi and add information on as I go. I might have to do some work at home but if I stay on schedule I think I'll be able to include everything I want into my project.

1 comment:

  1. Brianna, don't put yourself down. And don't feel like you absolutely need to read the third book. I know that you have learned so much through your readings, now you just need to figure out what to include in your presentation and how to include it. I'm really looking forward to watching you present!

    ReplyDelete